The following is a listing of Bible Truths for Genesis 1-2, The Story of
- God demonstrated His power when He created everything from nothing. Gen. 1-2; Rom. 4:17; Heb. 11:3.
- Everything God created was good. Gen. 1:4, 10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31.
- God commands His creation. Gen. 1:22, 28; 2:16-17.
- God blesses His creation. Gen. 1:22, 28.
- God had a purpose for everything and everyone He created. Gen. 1:14-18,
22, 26, 29; 2:15.
- God created man in His image. Gen. 1:27.
- God provides for our needs. Gen. 1:29; 2:9, 16.
- God set aside one day for man to rest from his work. Gen. 2:2-3.
- God wants us to take care of His creation. Gen. 2:15.
- God wants us to have friends and help each other. Gen. 2:18.
The following is a listing of bible story activities that can be used to teach the Bible
story and truths to children in Christian Preschool and Children's Ministry
Sunday School classes.
Bible Story Activities.
|Creation Clothes Pins. Use this
Creation Clothes Pins matching game to remind the
preschoolers of all that God created.|
|Creation Crayons. Preschoolers will love coloring with these
Creation Crayons that you
Memory Verse Handouts.
People of the Bible.
|Make a Nature Bracelet.|
|Record a child's height and weight on a Giraffe
|The children can put spots on the giraffe using their thumbs and an
|Make Nature Rubbings.|
|Go on a Nature
|Use the black and white Coloring Pages
to make a Creation Coloring Book.|
|Draw a Wall Mural and let the students describe their art. Ideas for the
drawing could include:
|Each day of creation or|
|Ways God has blessed us or|
|Ways we can rest and relax or|
|Ways we can take care of God's creation or|
|Ways we can help others.|
|Play a game of Quick Draw. Ideas
for the quick drawing pictures could include:
|Anything created, including an animal, tree, fish, star, etc.|
|A person taking care of God's creation.|
|A child helping the parents work in the yard.|
|Any picture showing friends having fun together, such as playing any
game, playing with dolls, etc.|
|Any picture of food or people sharing a meal.|
|To remind the children we should take care of God's creation, pick up
the litter on the church grounds.|
Use these questions in a game
to review the stories you have studied.|
Timeline of the Bible.
Life in Biblical Times.
|To remind the children that God provides for our needs, serve foods
mentioned in the Bible during snack time. Eat the snack
outdoors, sitting on a blanket as they would have done during biblical
|To remind the children that God wants us to have friends and to take
time off from work to rest, play games they would
have played during biblical times.|
|Search for the Garden of Eden.|
|Mark the height of each child in cubits on a wall chart.|